My goal is for my firm’s business clients to view me as a counselor and partner in their long-term success. I work with business owners to help them grow their businesses and adapt to the ever-changing economic environment. In addition to assisting clients identify solutions to existing legal issues, I proactively help my clients implement procedures that can minimize potentially costly legal issues down the road.
I assist business clients in each stage of a company’s life cycle, including the formation of a new company, strategic planning, day-to-day operations and contractual matters, mergers and acquisitions, and business succession planning. I provide experienced legal guidance in a wide range of matters, including:
- Choice of entity for a new company
- Organization of limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Incorporation of “S” and “C” corporations
- Ownership and founder agreements, including shareholder agreements, “buy-sell” agreements, and Member Control Agreements
- Structuring employee and contractor relationships, including employment and independent contractor agreements and executive compensation
- Intellectual property protection, including licensing issues and employee and third party confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- Corporate governance “best practices”
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Mergers and acquisitions, including stock purchases and asset purchases
- Liability releases and waivers for recreational businesses, including sports leagues, sports camps, and outdoor recreation guides
Clients retain Roberts Law, PLLC, for representation on discreet, one-time matters, as well ongoing legal guidance as general legal counsel. If you have an particular legal need, please contact me to schedule a consultation.