I represent business owners and their companies on a wide variety of business and real estate matters, including corporate formation and governance, general business counseling, contract drafting and negotiation, intellectual property protection, mergers and acquisitions, ownership agreements, commercial and residential real estate purchases and leases, and business succession planning. For a more detailed list my areas of practice, please see the Business Guidance and Real Estate Guidance pages.
In addition to practicing law, I enjoy the opportunity to teach business-related topics as an Adjunct Professor at Hamline University School of Law. I am the author of a the law school guide Law School for Grown-Ups, which has ranked in the Top Five best selling Kindle legal and college guides on Amazon.com.
Prior to establishing Roberts Law, PLLC, I was a co-owner of a Saint Paul law firm and an associate for several years at a national law firm based in Minneapolis, where I worked on a variety of corporate and real estate transactions for individuals, small businesses, closely-held corporations, and large public companies. Before attending law school, I worked for several years as consultant and trainer in the automotive technology industry, and served as a Russian linguist and team leader of a tactical intelligence collection team in the U.S. Army’s Military Intelligence Corps.
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude; Articles Editor Hamline Law Review
- University of Texas – Austin, B.A. Government
- Hamline University School of Law – Business Law Association & Career Services Offices Panel Discussion – “Succeeding in the First Years of Practice” — Panelist (October 2012)
- Dakota County Law Library & 1st Judicial District Bar Association CLE – “Choice of Entity, Office Leases, and Other Start-Up Issues for Solo & Small Firms” — Keynote Speaker (December 2011)
- Ramsey County Bar Association Solo/Small Firm Section CLE – “Choice of Entity, Office Leases, and Other Start-Up Issues for Solo & Small Firms” — Keynote Speaker (May 2011)
- Hamline Law Veterans Association CLE – “From the Battlefield to Business: Helping Veterans Navigate Business Formation & Management” — Speaker (April 2011)
- Hamline University School of Law Alumni Relations CLE – “First Steps for Starting a Solo and Small Firm” — Keynote Speaker (February 2011)
- Ramsey County Bar Association Solo/Small Firm Section CLE – “Are You Prepared? Formation, Management, and Financial Issues for the Potential – or Procrastinating – Solo and Small Firm” — Keynote Speaker (May 2010)
You can also connect with me through my LinkedIn Profile at www.linkedin.com/in/jackroberts